At MANTLE, we love coffee.
Not only because a cup of coffee a day can do wonders for potentially improving the memory, burning fat, and maybe even potentially making you a happier person, but because we also adore the variety of tastes, textures, and concentrations that coffee can take. From iced to hot, coffee is a versatile liquid gold, suiting a range of personalities, adapting itself into different states, giving us energy, restoration, and a great taste. Most importantly, coffee represents something more than just a drink one can sip in tandem with the sunrise; it's an excuse often used to gossip with a friend or loved one, the perfect accessory to a delicious sweet treat, and, as this article will illustrate, the ultimate vessel with which to infuse CBD.
Since we honour the versatility of coffee, tea, and other warming winter beverages, we have some detailed, creative essprecipes (espresso + recipes!) for you to try- because we believe that coffee, creativity, and CBD make for a perfect trio with which to start your day right. Each recipe is inspired by our love of liquid gold and, of course, infused with a touch of CBD oil- because if there's one thing we at MANTLE love, it's the opportunity to combine the balancing effects of CBD with every piece of our lifestyle.
Yes, coffee's jet black swirls hold immense power, for good or for evil- and, as it turns out, we can't always walk away from the liquid gold unscathed. Coffee has the potential to energise, but it can also make us feel jittery and panicky.
Try mixing some CBD oil into your coffee for a sense of balance. We, at MANTLE, love a little CBD-infused liquid gold to centre our morning routine. As our editorials detail, infusing five or so drops of The Original Oil into a morning coffee can be the perfect way to balance us.
For those of you who aren't coffee drinkers, but would still love some creative hot drink recipes, we have you covered at the end of this article. There's a CBD-infused recipe here for everyone from the gorgeous 'golden milk' to the evergreen matcha latte.
Probably one of the best viral TikTok trends to come from the COVID-19 pandemic, you might have seen some members of the younger generation whipping up this coffee during the summertime (in between spontaneous bouts of TikTok dances). Despite having you think the app developed this delicious beverage, Dalgona coffee actually originates from South Korea, where it was popularised by actor Jung II Woo on television. Typically known in its regional form as phenti hui, Dalgona coffee requires very few ingredients or effort to achieve its unique, beaten texture. In fact, the name 'Dalgona' is attributed to the coffee's whipped, airy texture looking similar to the regional Dalgona candies in South Korea. Perfect to infuse with a little CBD oil to balance your body and mind, Dalgona coffee is a refreshing, inexpensive beverage for any iced-coffee lover.
While mixing up a cup of CBD-infused Dalgona might be simple, the process is creative and fun.
You will need:
- CBD oil
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 2.4 dl of milk (or your preferred dairy alternative)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Mix the instant coffee with the hot water and sugar. The ratios should be similar; although, if you prefer your coffee less sweet, less sugar can be used. However, sugar is an integral part to what makes this coffee so fluffy, so it needs to be present.
- Insert a few drops of CBD oil into the mix. It's best to do this now, since you might not want to ruin the aesthetic of your cute, fluffy coffee by mixing away all the aerated coffee in your hopes to infuse CBD oil properly.
- Here's the important part- whip the coffee mixture (preferably with an electric whisk if you'd prefer not to sprain your wrist beating the mixture manually.) Coffee mixed with water and sugar is pretty similar to egg whites. When beaten, it can infuse with a bunch of air bubbles, giving it a voluminous, cloud-like texture. The coffee should look lighter- a lot like the soft, caramel complexion of a Dalgona candy.
- When the tips of the coffee mixture can stand up on its own (think stiff peaks, like you're making a meringue), you've whipped your Dalgona CBD coffee to perfection. Simply spoon off the coffee into a glass filled with ice and the milk of your choice.
Fancy something hot, caffeinated, balancing, and filling- all at the same time? Talk about multitasking: a CBD latte infused with oatmeal might be the most innovative, creative and delicious way to get your nutrients for breakfast. You can't go wrong with this recipe- since oats are packed with fibre, may help to lower cholesterol and sugar levels, and can keep you full and energised for the day, you won't find a more nutrient-rich latte. Combined with CBD to provide its potential balancing effects, you won't find a more efficient latte on this earth.
Bear in mind, this drink can be eaten with a spoon, or sipped- but you will be chewing as well as drinking. Pretty unusual, but definitely worth it!
You will need:
- Five drops or more of CBD oil
- 240 g of oats
- 4.75 dl of any milk of your choosing
- A sprinkle of cinnamon to taste
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 shots of espresso (or more if you choose)
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional ingredients to intensify the latte can be honey or maple syrup (in lieu of sugar). You can also add a tablespoon of peanut butter for a thick, nutty texture, or cocoa powder and chocolate pieces to transform your latte into a mocha. You also have the option to use granola or nuts as a topping for your drink, for added nutritional value.
- Make your oats over the hob. This should involve oats, a cup and a half of milk, salt, and cinnamon over medium heat.
- Froth the remaining milk. This can be done using a steaming wand, or you can simply heat a cup of milk and then shake or whip it to give it some texture.
- Add about three-quarters of that steamed milk to your cooking oats, so the mixture becomes frothy in texture.
- Once the oats are creamy and milky, remove the pan from heat. Add the rest of the milk and mix together.
- Add your sugar, vanilla extract, and any extra ingredients you would like.
- Now's the time to infuse your CBD oil into your oat mixture.
- Spoon your oats into a cup or bowl.
- Mix in your espresso shots.
- Finish with a garnishing of granola, nuts, or syrup to make your CBD oatmeal latte look as good as it tastes.
Coconut Latte Pots
If you want to really pack a sweet, caffeinated, but balancing coffee into your lifestyle, this coconut latte recipe might be the perfect thing to suit your needs. And no, this isn't just espresso and coconut milk: this recipe involves some homemade coconut syrup, an espresso shot or two and, of course, some CBD oil; for that ultimate potential balancing effect. It's the perfect dose of sweet, fragrant, warm, and coconutty, best enjoyed in a bite-size pot or glass- whichever suits your aesthetic more, of course.
To make a few of these coconut latte pods, you will need:
For the syrup:
- 8 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk
- Half a teaspoon of coconut extract (you can use vanilla extract)
- 4 tablespoons of water
For the latte:
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut syrup
- A shot or two of espresso
- Steamed milk
- Toasted coconut and desiccated coconut (for garnishing)
- To make the syrup, combine the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat, continuously whisking as the sugar dissolves and the mixture lightly boils into bubbles. (The best part of this is that you can transfer the syrup into a container to keep in the fridge and use more than once.)
- For the latte, brew your espresso.
- Mix in the coconut syrup- one to three tablespoons to taste.
- Pour in the steamed milk
- Mix in the CBD oil drops
- Garnish with a sprinkling of desiccated/toasted coconut
For those who prefer their coffee in the evenings, and with a splash of alcohol to wind down and not up, this coffee recipe is the perfect balance of balance, warmth, and indulgence. Ideal for warmth during the winter evenings, this coffee is pretty perfect. With the added bonus of CBD oil, you might find yourself feeling more centred and balanced alongside every sip you take.
You will need a few simple ingredients:
- CBD oil
- 1.8 dl of brewed coffee
- sugar or honey to taste
- a tablespoon or so of your favourite whiskey (make it Irish)
- whipped cream to taste.
Your choice of garnish can include a syrup of your choice or maybe some chocolate shavings for indulgence.
- Fill a glass with the brewed coffee.
- Add the sugar or honey to taste
- Add your CBD drops
- Mix in your Irish Whiskey
- Pour in the cream
- Enjoy (in moderation, of course)!
Other Warm Winter CBD Drinks
While we've talked all about the potential benefits of coffee, we recognise that there are a wealth of other drinks which can be just as creative and energising as a cup of coffee. So, whether you want to skip the coffee in lieu of something more low-energy in the evening, can't stand the taste, or you simply want to unwind instead of energising, here are some non-caffeinated, equally creative, and delicious drinks to balance with some CBD oil.
There are some seriously incredible purported benefits that come with golden milk, in which the main ingredient involves turmeric (or 'golden spice') a traditional Indian spiced powder containing a host of balancing properties. Turmeric is typically used in Ayurveda, as an ingestible root. Its main component, curcumin, is responsible for the yellow colour of turmeric, which gives it its golden properties. It is curcumin which is also widely considered to be the healthiest ingredient in turmeric. Typically used to help ease bodily imbalances and provide the body with vital antioxidants, turmeric's incredible holistic status has made it a particularly popular spice in the wellness industry.
Known as haldi doodh in India, golden milk is one of the best drinks to provide the body with when you're under the weather, or feel like an immunity boost. When mixed with CBD oil, you've got the added effects of balancing and centring the body and brain, making CBD-infused golden milk a healing drink, through and through.
You will need:
- CBD oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of ground turmeric (depending on your sensitivity to spice)
- 2.4 dl of coconut milk (can also be whole milk, but coconut adds the most flavour)
- A spoonful of coconut oil
- A garnish of fresh, grated ginger
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of black pepper (this is vital- it allows the curcumin to absorb into the body better)
- Sugar/ honey to taste
- Mix the coconut milk, coconut oil, cinnamon, and sugar (or honey) in a saucepan over medium heat. Let the milk come to a soft boil.
- Add the turmeric, ginger, and black pepper to the mixture. Let the mixture bubble.
- Add your CBD drops
- Spoon or ladle into your cup, and enjoy!
London Fog Latte
A fog latte, or an Earl Grey Latte, is the perfect combination of fluffy, flowery and warm. Not only can it be infused with lavender leaves, to accentuate the bergamot-citrus flavour of a traditional Earl Grey tea, a fog latte also combines the comfort of tea with the frothy creaminess of a latte. Infuse a few drops of CBD oil into the mix, and you have yourself the perfect uplifting beverage for a cold, rainy day.
You will need:
- An Earl Grey tea bag
- CBD oil
- 1.2 dl of hot water (for steeping the tea)
- A teaspoon of lavender buds (dried or fresh will work)
- 1.2 dl of frothed milk
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Sugar/ honey to taste
- Steep your tea bag with half a cup of hot water
- Combine your tea with a sprinkle of lavender buds
- Add your sweetener and vanilla extract
- Add your CBD oil
- Add your frothed milk to the tea and mix together. You can also ladle on some froth to sit on top of the latte.
- Garnish the top with the rest of the lavender
Matcha Tea Latte
You might have heard about the amazing antioxidative properties of a matcha tea latte, but did you know that matcha can also reportedly boost liver function and potentially aid weight loss? Matcha, hailing from the Camellia sinensis plant, has far more qualities than standard green tea, and is typically caffeinated enough to provide the body with a healthy boost of energy and vitality.
Mixed with a few drops of CBD, a matcha tea latte can be the perfect balance of energy-inducing drink and balancing CBD, without compromising anything. Since matcha is a delicious Japanese drink with more potential benefits than not, you can guarantee that a CBD-infused matcha latte is pretty much the perfect hot (or cold- simply use cold milk and ice) beverage for any circumstance, season, or person.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder (this is for one cup)
- CBD oil
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 2.4 dl of hot, steamed milk of choice (or cold milk and ice for a cold matcha latte)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or honey (to taste)
- Spoon your matcha powder into a small bowl or mug.
- If you'd prefer it, add sugar to the powder (this is recommended, as matcha is quite bitter)
- Add the warm water and mix until the matcha mixture is a dark green paste, with no lumps or bumps.
- Add CBD oil to the paste and mix
- Warm or steam the milk. To froth, you can warm the milk first, then whip.
- Add your matcha mix to your milk, and mix until your combination is at a drinkable consistency.
- If you prefer honey, mix this into your matcha latte to sweeten.
Balance With CBD-Infused Drinks
Whether it's an iced coffee on those summer mornings, or a lovely, frothy fog latte, with CBD in the mix (literally!), you're guaranteed to feel balanced and centred with every sip you take. As creativity and comfort combine in each coffee (or non-coffee), you can remain assured that CBD oil will consistently transform your beverage into one for balancing, and for tasting great.